From The Outhouse To The Penthouse For Stirling

After two blown engines in two meetings Scott Stirling could be forgiven for thinking this was going to be a long hard season. However after more dramas in the heats Scott raced his way to victory in the third feature of the season. In what started as a night of more problems for the Stirling team the crew of #47 worked hard all night and it was great to see the smile return to the face of the gentle giant Scott.
Thirteen cars made the trek north to Maryborough under grey clouds to be greeted with bright sunshine and not an ounce of rain during the night.
Heat 1 saw the return of the #11 of Robbie Stewart after he missed the last meeting and he quickly found his groove taking the win from Barry Gibbes and Chris Paolini.
Heat 2 and once again Robbie was too good leading home Cameron Pesschier and Audie Malt. By now the drivers hard started to dial into the track and the racing intensity was increasing along with the pace.
Heat 3 and Audie Malt held out Robbie Stewart and Pesschier with the first five cars virtually joined nose to tail!!

Feature time and the field would be lead off by Dave Swan on pole with Malt out of grid two. The start was clean and it was Gibbes out of grid 6 that would literally split the two rows of cars out of turn two making it three wide and taking the lead after driving around Paolini out of four and putting distance between himself and the field. In the pack the action was fast and furious with cars often two wide. Stewart cleared the pack and set about chasing down Gibbes who had gapped the field. Lap by lap Stewart closed in and it looked for all money like it would be between these two for the honours. However with four to go the race was turned on its head with Gibbes tangling with a lapped car and spinning to a stop in turn 2 at exactly the same time Stewart’s left rear suspension broke leaving him on the infield and Gibbes to start rear of field. Paolini lead the field away and Stirling pounced taking the lead and driving to victory ahead of Pesschier, Malt, Paolini, Collins, Gibbes, Swan and Parfitt.

The club would like to thank the Maryborough Sporting Car Club for their efforts in providing a great track especially after the weather they have had.

Next round is this Saturday at Archerfield Speedway so crews get cracking the clock is ticking!!